Monday, December 2, 2013

Emma Watson says Goodbye to her 'Good Girl' Image



We have all heard of Emma Wanton's famous quote regarding modesty, but just in case you haven't here it is.

I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with
photographs people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that. Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?’ My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.” 


Well said isn't it? And what a great motto to live by when it comes to modesty "less is more." However, one wonders if Emma was thinking about this, or even modesty at all when she recently posed nude as water trickles down her for her friends book, Natural Beauty. While the pictures (the ones I've seen) aren't horribly revealing, they are immodest and definitely 'sexy'. And this isn't the only way she's saying goodbye to that good girl image. In an upcoming movie, The Bling Ring, Emma's playing a role in which she sports only a bra with a jacket that isn't buttoned up, offering a pretty clear view. Not to mention the bra looks like a sexy, lingerie piece rather than the typical, average bra. As i was pondering on these things, I was wondering whatever happened to the Emma Watson that said the concept of being sexy was embarrassing and confusing. Where's the Emma that wouldn't compromise her beliefs? Whatever happened to her being uncomfortable in certain immodest clothes?  Where's that Emma? 

Of course I don't want to just bash Emma and cause all her fans to hate me. There are some good things to note. Even with the good girl image gone, Emma's clothes are relatively modest compared to the rest of Hollywood. And her quote still rings true.  But as my dad said recently, just because you can wear worse, doesn't mean what you wear is good. So i just want to say that I miss the old Emma. And she didn't have to show she was grown up by wearing those clothes. A true woman shows she's an adult by the way she acts, speaks, and carries herself, not just by what she wears. 



Have a great week and leave me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment